Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A Note From Daddy


Wow!  It’s weird to think that soon I’ll have a little one calling me “dad”.  I could never imagine a moment such as this, and yet, here it is.

It’s only right that I take time out and thank the One who has bestowed upon us this great fortune; My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. His grace and mercy precedes us, His Love envelopes us, and His kindness humbles our lowly spirit. 

I look forward with great anticipation to the moment when I, the proud father, will tell my child about the God of our salvation. I do these things that she or he might know the depth of God’s love for us, and be secured in the hope of eternity.

For I know that it is God’s Love that awakens a man’s soul from the depths of destruction. Thus, I will train our child to build up that which sustains the soul and in ways of righteousness. I pray that God be my reminder of the greatness of this responsibility. For it is His magnification that we desire, bless this child that this child might bless you our God.

I thank God today for my Lovely wife. In less than 6 months she will grant me our first child together. It’s amazing to see her deal with all that comes with the process and not allow any of those things to rob her of that Joy. Nonetheless, it’s been tough to see her struggle and for that reason I try as much as possible to provide some form of relief in those moments (Foot rubs, and lots of kisses). 

My appreciation for her has grown daily, and not merely because she's carrying our child. She has been a great fuel for many of my achievements and a great support to my spiritual development. I look forward to each day I have with my wife and will continue to sing praises to God for her. I look forward with great anticipation to the day I get to hold both my wife and our child in my arms as we rest in God's security.

--Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment