Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Our Anniversary Baby :: Part Two


Naturally, these last four weeks have been a tad bit different from the first seven.

During week eight, I started to experience nausea so bad that (at times) I just KNEW it (the vomit) was about to happen. Well, it finally happened during weeks nine and ten. I was miserable the entire night of October 23. It was so bad, my poor husband had to hold my hair back. I decided to sleep on the couch that night while he stuck it out next to me on the floor. What would I do without him? Luckily, this has only happened twice.
I went to the grocery store on the morning of October 19th to buy a few items for our traditional Sunday brunch.  The menu?  French toast, spinach omelets, and crab cakes.  I was so excited about cooking that I couldn’t WAIT to get started. As soon as I walked to the car, I started to gag but nothing happened. What the heck?! This wasn’t the first occurrence.  It’s so strange because one minute you’re fine and the next, you’re eating crackers and guzzling sprite to avoid a vomiting episode. 

That same night, Ken talked to my tummy before bed for the first time. I laughed and then almost cried. It was the sweetest thing in life.  He’s such a great guy.
Here’s what he had to say:
“I’ll be talking to you a lot more so that you can get to know my voice.  I have one favor to ask…please stop leaning on your mommy’s bladder because you’re sending her to the bathroom quite a bit. If you’re a boy, get ready…I’m teaching you how to mow the lawn. If you’re a girl, stick close to your mom and you’ll be just fine.”
I’m often on the go with a laundry list of things to get done – cleaning, working, shopping, doing hair, traveling, reading, laughing, catching up on my favorite shows (I’m a HULU fanatic), you name it. My body finally suggested for me to slow it down. I literally FELT it.  Scary. It’s not just me anymore.  Other than yoga and working out, I’m done overexerting myself with an abundance of personal favors and other extra stuff.
Last but not least, we finally decided on the birthing facility that we’re both comfortable with. I am super excited about hearing our baby’s heartbeat on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment